(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Miami-Dade Transit is offering ING Miami Marathon and Half Marathon participants a discounted 1-Day Pass, and more frequent service on Metrorail and Metromover, to encourage participants to take transit to the race on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011.
The 1-Day Pass, which regularly sells for $5, will be loaded on an EASY Ticket and sold for only $2 at the 2011 Nissan Health & Fitness Expo, being held at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., on Friday, Jan. 28 and Saturday, Jan. 29.
Participants who do not purchase the discounted 1-Day Pass at the Expo will have to pay the full fare when boarding Metrorail or Metrobus. To avoid long lines at the EASY Card ticket vending machines at Metrorail stations, event goers are encouraged to purchase their passes early. Metromover is free for everyone.
On Jan. 30, Miami-Dade Transit also will provide more frequent service on Metrorail and Metromover, starting at 4 a.m., and will offer free parking at MDT parking facilities.
- Service will be provided every 10 minutes from 4 a.m. until approximately 7 a.m.
- Service will be adjusted to every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. until approximately noon.
- Service will be adjusted to the regular 30-minute Sunday schedule after noon.
- Metromover will provide more frequent service beginning at 4 a.m. Service will be adjusted to the regular Sunday schedule after the event.
- Marathon participants can park free at all Metrorail stations and Park & Ride lots all day on Jan. 30. Metrorail parking facilities will open as early as 3:30 a.m.
For more information, race participants can visit MDT's website at www.miamidade.gov/transit. Or call 305-891-3131, Monday-Friday, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturdays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.