(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Miami-Dade Transit is currently constructing the AirportLink. The following lane closures are necessary in order to perform this activity. Look for detour signs guiding motorists to use alternate routes.
Extension of nightly full road closure of NW 38 Ct.
From now until Thursday, August 4, 2011, NW 38 Ct. between NW 25th Street and NW 39th Avenue will be completely closed from 9 p.m. through 5:30 a.m. the following morning.
Full 24-hour road closure of NW 38 Ct.
Starting Thursday, August 4th, through Thursday, August 25th, all eastbound and westbound lanes on NW 38 Ct., between NW 25th and NW 39th Avenue, will be completely closed 24 hours day. Limited access to existing businesses will be provided. No through traffic will be permitted.
- NW 26 Street Eastbound Traffic: Motorists traveling east on NW 26 Street will be directed to turn right on NW 39 venue and continue south to access NW 25 Street.
- NW 39 Avenue Southbound Traffic: Motoring traveling south on NW 39 Avenue will be directed to continue on NW 39 Avenue to access NW 25 Street.
- NW 25 Street Eastbound and Westbound Traffic: Motorists traveling on either direction on NW 25 Street will be directed to NW 39 Avenue.
Extension of nightly closures of NW 27th Avenue and SR 112/Airport Expressway entrance and exit ramps
From Monday, August 8th, through Friday, August 19th, all northbound and southbound lanes on NW 27th Avenue between NW 41st Street and NW 39th Street, as well as the SR 112 entrance and exit ramps on NW 27th Avenue, will be completely closed from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. All lanes and ramps will reopen each morning at 5:30 a.m.
- NW 27th Avenue Northbound and Eastbound SR 112 to NW 27th Avenue Northbound: Motorists traveling north on NW 27th Avenue will be directed to turn east on NW 39th Street and take eastbound SR 112 to exit at NW 22nd Avenue. Those traveling eastbound SR 112 to north on NW 27th Avenue will need to exit at NW 22nd Avenue. Motorists will then be directed to head north on NW 22nd Avenue and then west on NW 46th Street to northbound NW 27th Avenue.
- NW 27th Avenue Southbound: Motorists traveling south on NW 27th Avenue will be directed to turn west on NW 46th Street, south on NW 32nd Avenue, and east on NW 36th Street. Motorists will then be directed to head southbound on NW 27th Avenue.
- Westbound SR 112 to NW 27th Avenue: Motorists traveling westbound SR 112 who wish to access NW 27th Avenue either northbound or southbound will be directed to exit at NW 22nd Avenue. For access to northbound NW 27th Avenue, motorists will be directed to head north on NW 22nd Avenue and west on NW 46th Street to northbound NW 27th Avenue. For access to southbound NW 27th Avenue, motorists will be directed to head south on NW 22nd Avenue and west on NW 36th Street to southbound NW 27th Avenue.
- NW 41st Street Westbound: Motorists travelling westbound on NW 41st Street who wish to access NW 27th Avenue will be directed to head north on NW 25th Avenue and turn west on NW 46th Street to northbound NW 27th Avenue.
The above information is subject to change if the contractor's schedule is altered due to unforeseen circumstances. For more information, please refer to the contact name listed above.
The AirportLink project is a 2.4-mile elevated Metrorail extension from the existing Earlington Heights Metrorail Station to the MIC next to Miami International Airport. This vital project will provide a reliable Metrorail connection to the airport for the millions of residents, visitors and employees who travel to and from MIA every year. The project also will provide a boost to the local economy by creating jobs and facilitating work-related travel and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.