(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Miami-Dade Transit is proud to announce that its Marketing Division is the recipient of four "Best in Class" awards for each of its entries into the Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA) "Face Off" Marketing Competition 2011.
The entries submitted included:
- Signage for Golden Passport Riders installed at the Transit Center Kiosk at Government Center:
- The signage received an enthusiastic welcome from customers who visit the kiosk because they had their questions answered by the posted information and so they did not have to wait in line to speak to a customer service representative to have their situation resolved.
- Print advertising for the College Student Discount EASY Ticket:
- Both the University of Miami and Florida International University produce a "Parent Guide" in which a bright and attention-grabbing ad was placed by MDT explaining the benefits of the Discount EASY Ticket to college students.
- A vivid and attractive sustaining campaign illustrating how using transit can help riders save the money they would have spent on gas on other things:
- These colorful and exciting ads were placed as bus wraps, bus shelter ads and rail car wraps in order to be seen by commuters throughout Miami-Dade.
- The Department's Transit System Map was submitted as a print, instructional/informational marketing item:
- MDT's most recent System Map promoted the Bike and Ride Program.
- Updated on a regular basis, the System Map is by far the Department's most coveted publication.
MDT's Marketing Division produced all the photography, graphics, layout and artwork for each of these projects. The Division works hand-in-hand with all areas of the Department to ensure our community is aware of how taking public transportation can save them money while getting them where they need to go efficiently and safely. For more information about Miami-Dade Transit, please visit: www.miamidade.gov/transit.