(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Taking transit to the 2012 Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run is the most convenient and economical way to get to Bayfront Park in downtown Miami on Thursday, April 26, 2012.
To avoid long lines at Metrorail fare gates, Miami-Dade Transit is encouraging all racers to purchase an EASY Card or EASY Ticket and load it with monetary value or a pass prior to the day of the race. A one-way trip on Metrobus or Metrorail costs $2. Parking is available at all Metrorail stations for $4 per day.
EASY Cards and EASY Tickets are available at ticket vending machines located at all Metrorail stations, at the Transit Service Center on the second level of the Government Center Metrorail station and at more than 70 EASY Card sales outlets located throughout Miami-Dade County.
- On Thursday, April 26, Metrorail will operate on a normal schedule, from 5:00 a.m. until midnight.
- Trains arrive approximately every 10 minutes during weekday rush hours.
- Every 15 minutes at midday.
- Every 30 minutes from about 7:30 p.m. until closing at 12 midnight.
- Metromover will operate on a normal schedule, from 5:00 a.m. until midnight.
Since several streets in downtown Miami and Brickell will be closed; various bus routes will be detoured from approximately 4:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. Detailed route detour maps can be found online.
- Routes being detoured: 2, 21, 3, 93, 120, C, S, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 51, 24, B, 48, 77, 277, 95 Express, 195, 207 & 208.
For more information, visit MDT's website at www.miamidade.gov/transit or call 305-891-3131, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; TTY users can call 305-499-8971.