(MIAMI, September 5, 2013) – During the next two weekends, Miami-Dade Transit will be performing maintenance work in the southern end of the Metrorail system. This work will require single tracking in the area, as well as the temporary suspension of service between Dadeland North and Dadeland South stations. Single tracking is when northbound and southbound trains alternate service on the same track while maintenance is performed on the opposite track.
Maintenance work is needed to ensure continued reliable and frequent Metrorail service.
Friday, September 6th and Friday, September 13th
- There will be single tracking between Douglas Road and Dadeland South Stations from approximately 9:30 p.m. until closing.
Saturday and Sunday, September 7 - 8, and Saturday and Sunday, September 14 - 15:
- Free bus shuttle service will be provided all day Saturday and Sunday between Dadeland South and Dadeland North Metrorail stations.
- Frequency of the shuttle buses will be the same as weekend northbound and southbound trains: approximately every 15 minutes between Dadeland South and Dadeland North stations.
- Transit Supervisors will be on hand to provide passenger assistance.
- The bus terminal at Dadeland South will remain open for weekend service.
- The surface parking lot at the Dadeland South Station will be closed all day on the weekends. Parking will still be available at the garage.
For more information, visit MDT’s website at www.miamidade.gov/transit or call 305-891-3131, Monday – Friday, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This website can also be used to plan your trip using Google Trip Planner and find out about other Transit services.