(MIAMI, Dec. 30, 2013) – Miami-Dade Transit wishes all its customers a healthy and happy holiday season as it announces its New Year’s schedule for Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover.
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013:
- Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
- Additionally, after 8 p.m., Metrorail will continue regular weekday service with a 15-minute frequency between the Dadeland South and Earlington Heights stations; and every 30 minutes between the Palmetto and Earlington
Heights stations. This service will be extended into Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
The last northbound and southbound trains will depart from the Government Center Station at approximately 2 a.m.
- Metromover service also will be extended until approximately 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014:
- Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- This means that weekday only routes, such as the I-95 Dade-Broward Express and the I-95 Express going to Golden Glades, will not be providing service on Jan. 1, 2014.
Parking facilities at Metrorail stations will remain open until approximately 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
To avoid long lines at Metrorail stations during New Year’s Eve, transit riders are encouraged to load early at least $4.50 (the cost of a round-trip) on an EASY Card or EASY Ticket at any EASY Card Ticket Vending Machine (TVM). Riders are reminded that a 1-Day Pass ($5.65) is good for one day of unlimited rides on Metrobus and Metrorail and that it expires at 2 a.m. the following day.
For additional information, customers can visit www.miamidade.gov/transit, or call 305-891-3131. TTY users should call 305-499-8971.
# # #
It is the policy of Miami Dade County to comply with all of the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The facility is accessible. For sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices or materials in accessible format, please call at least five days in advance.