(MIAMI, Jan. 24, 2014) – EASY Card renewals are already underway for Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) Golden Passport patrons under age 65.
In an effort to expedite the renewal process and avoid long lines, MDT has staggered the renewal dates as follows:
- Customers whose birth month is January or February must renew their cards BEFORE December 31
- Customers whose birth month is March or April must renew their cards BEFORE January 31
- Customers whose birth month is May, June or July must renew their cards BEFORE February 28
- Customers whose birth month is August, September or October must renew their cards BEFORE March 31
- Customers whose birth month is November or December must renew their cards BEFORE April 30
By renewing their EASY Cards before the date of expiration, these Golden Passport patrons can ensure uninterrupted Metrobus and Metrorail service. Cardholders must check the front right-hand side of their EASY Cards (see below) to determine when their card expires.
Required renewal documents are:
- A valid state issued Florida Driver’s License or Florida ID with a physical Miami-Dade County residential address
- A current-year print out from the Social Security Administration verifying benefits
- The patron’s Golden Passport EASY Card. A photocopy of the picture side of the EASY Card, if submitting by mail, email, or fax
Renewal options include:
IN PERSON: Visit any of the locations below and present the required documents.
The Golden Passport Office
Open weekdays, except County observed holidays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government Center, Ground Floor, 111 NW 1st Street Miami, FL 33128
Any 3-1-1 Service Center
Open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. except County observed holidays (closed for lunch from12 noon to 1 p.m.) Locations include:
South Dade Justice Center: 10710 SW 211 Street, Cutler Bay, FL 33189
North Dade Justice Center: 15555 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33181
Miami-Dade Permitting Information Center: 11805 SW 26 Street, Miami, FL 33175
BY MAIL: Mail copies of the required documents to: Miami-Dade Transit Special Pass Programs, P.O. Box 01-9005, Miami, FL 33101
BY EMAIL: Scan and email the required documents to: Specialpass@miamidade.gov
BY FAX: Fax the required documents to: Special Pass Programs at 305-375-1192
For additional information, customers can visit www.miamidade.gov/transit, or call 305-891-3131. TTY users should call 305-499-8971.
# # #