Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Tri-Rail Transfer Fees
- Fees effective as of October 1, 2013 for passengers transferring from Tri-Rail to Metrobus and Metrorail.
- Transfer fees apply to Tri-Rail trips paid with cash value on an EASY Card or EASY Ticket issued by either Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) or Tri-Rail.
- Transfers must be made within three hours and are not for return trips.
Transferring from Tri-Rail to:
Full Fare - $1.20
Discount Fare - $0.60
Full Fare - $0.60
Discount Fare - $0.30
Full Fare - $0.95
Discount Fare - $0.45
All Modes/ Express Bus
Full Fare - $2.25/ $2.65
Discount Fare - $1.10/ $1.30
*Minimum $2 cash value.Transferring from MDT to Tri-Rail
Full Fare - $2 discount on trip to any one of six Tri-Rail zones
(need minimum $5 cash value)
Discount Fare - $1 discount on trip to any one of six Tri-Rail zones
(need minimum $2.50 cash value)
Transfer Fee Information
- The new fees only apply when using an EASY Card/Ticket issued by either MDT or Tri-Rail with sufficient cash value to pay the appropriate transfer fee.
- Tri-Rail passengers using a Tri-Rail paper ticket will be required to pay full fare when transferring from Tri-Rail to Metrorail or Metrobus. These passengers will need an EASY Card or EASY Ticket with either sufficient cash value or a valid MDT pass to board Metrorail. Cash is only accepted on Metrobus.
- Tri-Rail riders can still transfer to Routes 132 and 133 free of charge.
- MDT pass products (7 day, regular monthly pass) cannot be used to pay Tri-Rail fares.
- Tri-Rail fare products (one way, round trip 12 trip ticket, weekend pass and regular monthly pass) cannot be used to pay MDT fares.
- Without a Regional Monthly Pass, only an EASY Card/Ticket with sufficient cash value can be used on both the MDT and Tri-Rail systems.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.