At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
When you click the search button on the Online Checkbook page, you will be presented with our search engine. You may search by payee name, payment date, amount, disbursement number or any combination of them. You can narrow your results by adding criteria to your search.
- What can I search?
- What data is available?
- Will you be adding more data?
- How do I use the search fields?
- How do I complete the search?
- What is a disbursement and how is it different than a payment?
- What shows in the Disbursements Inquiry results page?
- What about sorting results?
- How do I know if my results do not fit in one page?
What can I search?
You can search County payments and disbursements. Search criteria allows you to enter any combination of the following information: payee name (partial name is allowed), range of payment dates, range of disbursement amount and/or disbursement number.
What data is available?
- Disbursements/payments reflected in this application include expenditures - payments for goods or services, such as equipment, fuel, architectural and engineering services - and other miscellaneous disbursements such as distribution of tax revenues and refunds (e.g. water deposit refunds). This application does not reflect County activities, such as, charges between departments. For all County expenditures, please refer to the County's audited financial statements.
- Data is available from October 1, 2006 to end of prior month for all County departments except Miami-Dade County Aviation and Miami-Dade County Water & Sewer Departments.
- Miami-Dade County Aviation and Miami-Dade County Water & Sewer Departments data is available from October 1, 2007 to prior month.
- Data is loaded monthly.
- In the event that you cannot find the data desired, please contact us.
Will you be adding more data?
Yes, we will add more data as it becomes available.
How do I use the search fields?
- Payee name: Search by entering all or the beginning of the payee name. It is recommended that as much of the desired payee name is entered. There might be multiple variations of the same name and/or the searched name can appear in multiple formats, e.g. first name, last name; last name, first name, middle initial.
- Payment date: Enter a range of dates. The system will default to the last disbursement date in the database (system) on the beginning and end dates (From and To); you must change the beginning date to your desired search range. Remember that the data loaded, is as of the date on the top of the Search Criteria page. You may enter the date in month/date/year format or use the calendar icon provided.
- Amount: You may enter a specific amount or request a range. If you search by amount, you have to specify from and to amounts even if they are the same.
- Disbursement Number: You may enter a specific disbursement number, or request a range. If you search by disbursement number, you have to specify from and to numbers even if they are the same.
How do I complete the search?
After specifying your search criteria, please press Finish to request the system to execute the search and display the results. Depending on the search parameters and amount of data being retrieved, a wait might be required.
What is a disbursement and how is it different than a payment?
- A disbursement is money paid out of a fund, in this case, the County's, for goods, services, taxes, or distribution of tax revenues; for example, when the County pays for office supplies, security guard services, IRS taxes, or gives Miami-Dade Public Schools their share of the collected revenue from taxes.
- A payment is usually a narrower view of the outlay of funds, normally, only for good, services and taxes.
What shows in the Disbursements Inquiry results page?
- Payee Name: The name as it appears in the disbursement/payment document.
- Payment Date: Date the disbursement/payment was issued.
- Disbursement Number: The check, direct deposit/automatic clearing house (ACH) or wire transfer number.
- Amount: This is the amount of the disbursement/payment.
- VOID: If the word “VOID” appears after the amount column it indicates that the disbursement in that line has been canceled by Miami-Dade County.
What about sorting results?
All inquiry results can be resorted by clicking on the column titles.
How do I know if my results do not fit in one page?
If there are additional pages of data, the current page number along with the estimated number of pages will be displayed on the right side of the screen. At the bottom of each inquiry results page, you will find the navigation links listed below.
- “Top” navigates to the first page of the results
- “Bottom” navigates to the last page of the results
- “Page up” navigates to the previous page of the results
- “Page down” navigates to the next page of the results
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.