Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Our United Way has been an innovative force in this community, responding to emerging needs and transforming people's lives -- and you have been an integral part of this successful partnership. Why give to United Way?
- Because we are local. You make your community – Miami-Dade – stronger and better by helping tens of thousands of people to a better quality of life every year.
- Because you call the shots. People like you – volunteers from all professions, neighborhoods and backgrounds-- look at the needs of the community and make the decisions about how to best invest United Way’s Community Plan dollars. And we are effective advocates – for bringing needed dollars to the community and for policies that help working families.
- Because your financial gift goes farther. Every $1 you give to the Community Plan turns to $2.06 worth of help for your neighbors.
- Because we are accountable. We take our role as stewards of donor dollars very seriously. We adhere to strict governance practices, which include volunteer oversight at every level to ensure that our operations meet the highest levels of professionalism and excellence.
- Because great things happen when we LIVE UNITED. Your gift to the Community Plan is the most powerful way to support United Way’s work in the three areas essential for a good life – education, financial stability and health.
Now, more than ever, we are called to respond to the needs in our community -- and we encourage you to continue your support of United Way of Miami-Dade. Making a donation is simple! Sign-up today.
Fundraising events have long been a part of United Way of Miami-Dade’s overall campaign.
Share Your Story
See what United Way means to Miami-Dade County employees! Share what United Way means to you, or submit a colleague who demonstrates passion for the cause.
Annual Volunteer Awards
So many people in Miami-Dade volunteer their time to improve others' lives. Their good deeds deserve recognition.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Oct 7, 2014 5:00:55 PM
Office of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor
111 NW 1st Street, 29th Floor
Miami, FL 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.