United Way's Women's Leadership celebrates the power of women to bring about positive change in our community through philanthropy and service. As women ascend to leadership positions in business and the community, their ability to make meaningful contributions of time, talent and resources also increase.
United Way's Women's Leadership provides women with opportunities to:
- Network and form new partnerships with other women leaders while working together to do good for others
- Pass on the legacy of giving through family & friends volunteer activities
- Participate in seminars that enrich personal wellness and financial expertise
- Increase the value of women's philanthropy in Miami-Dade
The Rewards of Membership
Of course, while your membership in United Way's Women's Leadership (WL) benefits the community, it also benefits you. We offer networking, social and educational opportunities such as:
- Invitation to annual Women's Leadership Breakfast
- Invitation to annual Leadership and Endowment reception
- Invitation to financial planning seminars for women
- Invitation to bi-monthly Let's do Lunch series -- lunches with female community and business leaders
- Invitation to a variety of additional networking events such as our Annual Women's History Month celebration lunch
- Variety of family volunteer and community service opportunities
- Listing in Leadership and Endowment members registry
- Volunteer opportunities within United Way of Miami-Dade (campaign cabinet, impact committees, WL committee, WL ambassador etc.)
Any new dollars you contribute - whether you are making a Women's Leadership gift for the first time or increasing last year's gift, will be utilized in three areas:
- 1/3 to United of Miami-Dade
- 1/3 to The United Way Endowment
- 1/3 to The Children's library at United Way's Center for Excellence in Early Education
United Way of Miami-Dade
United Way is much more than a funder of programs. By supporting United Way, you enable us to fund programs that have a real and lasting impact on people's lives. You support our ability to advocate on behalf of important social issues. You enable us to build partnerships and coalitions that further our ability to accomplish the goals we set out. You support our ability to convene people around a table to address key issues and find solutions. By supporting United Way, you do much more than simply fund social services. You advance an agenda to take care of what matters. This United Way is a committed leader. While many charities address one cause, United Way focuses on the whole community.Back to Top
The United Way Endowment
The United Way Endowment perpetuates United Way's mission of building community by people caring for one another. The Endowment is building a permanent savings account that responds to our community's emerging health and social service needs. By helping individuals and families make a lasting difference while making sound, tax-wise financial decisions, The Endowment touches all of our lives, today, tomorrow and forever.
Children's Library at United Way's Center for Excellence in Early Education
United Way Center for Excellence in Early Education will:
- Elevate the quality of early care and education
- Offer opportunities for learning, training and research to educators, parents, childcare professionals
- Provide developmentally appropriate care for children
- Foster collaboration among early childhood education advocates, planners, funders and providers
- Serve as a national leader in the early education area
The Children's Library, scaled to accommodate little bodies, will introduce children to the wonderful world of stories, reading and imagination.
For more information please contact United Way's Women's Leadership staff at women's leadership.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:10:45 PM
Office of the Mayor, Senior Advisor
111 NW 1st Street, 29th Floor
Miami, FL 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.