As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Security ID Procedures at Facilities
An identification card is required to access Water & Sewer Department (WASD) facilities. The ID Office is located at 3071 SW 38th Ave., Room #206, Miami, FL 33146 (the Douglas Road Administration building). The phone number is 786-552-8271 and fax number is 786-552-8778.
Hours of operation are 8 a.m. - noon, and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Appointments are required every day except for walk-ins as noted below.
Tuesday walk-ins are for WASD employees only from 6 a.m. to noon.
Wednesday walk-ins are for Contractors, Consultants and Temps only from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Non-Department Employees
- Department Employees
- Contractors/Day Laborers
- Tours and Speakers
Access to all WASD sites is controlled. All non-WASD employees required to enter a WASD facility for more than five days per calendar year will be required to obtain a WASD-issued ID badge. All non-WASD personnel are subject to a criminal history background check. A WASD ID badge can be obtained by submitting the following documents:
- Request for ID Badge signed by authorized signature on Company Letterhead
- Authorization Letter & Suggested Language on Company Letterhead
- Request for Release of Building Plans & Company History
- Note: Request for Release of Building Plans / Company Backgrounds must be completed (Typed) and submitted to Security Section for approval prior to obtaining a NON WASD ID Badge. Please allow 3-7 business days for approval.
- Complete non-WASD ID Application signed by WASD Project Manager
- Social Security Card (copies not acceptable)
- Submit required photo ID documentation and payment of ID card fee must be submitted prior to issuance of ID. Please see Required Documents for an ID Badge .
- Request For 5 Day Visitor Pass
Prior to commencement of work, the non-WASD employee shall meet with the Plant Superintendent and WASD Security Management to submit the required information and review security parameters related to the project.Back to Top
All persons permanently employed with WASD are required to obtain a WASD-issued picture ID badge. An annual fingerprint-based criminal history check will be conducted upon renewal of the ID badge for those employees with access to designated restricted areas. A WASD ID badge can be obtained by submitting the following documents:
- WASD Employee Application
- WASD Employees requiring restricted access, lost, stolen ID badge should complete the WASD Restricted Employee Access Application .
- Regardless of access type, all employees are required to submit their social security card (copies not acceptable) and valid identification as noted in the Required Documents for ID Badge .
All visitors to WASD facilities must be invited guests of the department. All persons to whom a WASD ID badge has not been issued will be issued a visitor's badge. All visitor badges are valid for the day of issuance only. Visitor badges are intended to be recovered and must be returned by the visitor upon existing.
Visitors shall only be authorized access to those areas specific to their business. Unauthorized roaming through other areas of a plant or facility is prohibited. All visitors to a WASD-designated restricted access area must be issued an appropriate badge and escorted by an individual with access to that specific restricted-access area. They must remain accompanied by the escort at all times. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
ID Badges must be worn conspicuously on the outer garment of the bearer, in plain view above the waist at all times. The contracted security guard force staff will enforce this requirement. Visitor vehicles must park in designated areas.Back to Top
Temporary labor badges are issued at the facility checkpoint. Temporary badges are issued for one single day and for specific areas of access only. ID Badges must be worn conspicuously on the outer garment of the bearer, in plain view above the waist at all times.
The contracted security guard force staff will enforce this requirement. Day Laborers must park in designated parking areas.Back to Top
Vehicles will enter only through the facility security checkpoints. Vehicles will be parked in designated areas within the facility.
Pursuant to Ordinance No. 02-68 (Article IX, Chapter 32 of the Miami-Dade County Code), all persons entering a Miami-Dade Water and Sewer facility are subject to established security restrictions.Back to Top
Tours and Speakers
Tours of our treatment plants and speakers regarding the department and/or water conservation can be requested by submitting a request form.Back to Top
Security ID Forms
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.