One-Time Water Bill Credit Adjustments
Per Section 32-101 of the Code of Miami-Dade County, the Director of Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department is given discretion to provide a one-time lifetime credit to a customer who disputes a high bill. The credit will be based upon the assessment of extreme circumstances in which a customer received a bill that exceeds six times the past year's average.
In order to be considered for the one-time lifetime billing adjustment for extreme circumstances:
- The customer must be in good standing with the Department. This is defined as a customer who has not had the water disconnected for nonpayment, or the account placed in collection, during the previous 12 months.
The customer must submit their request form with an original notarized affidavit stating that a licensed plumber has checked the residence, inside and outside, for leaks (both concealed and visible leaks); that the customer did not leave a hose running inadvertently or otherwise allow water to flow for any period of time; and that there have been no changes in water usage within the household during the billing period (i.e. new landscaping, guests visiting, major household repairs or construction that required increased water usage, problems with one's pool or sprinkler system or water theft.)
To be considered, please print and complete the respective form. The original affidavit must be mailed to the address on the top of the form.
- One-time Lifetime Affidavit for Residential Customers
- One-time Lifetime Affidavit for Commercial Customers
- One-time Lifetime Affidavit for Multi-Unit Dwelling Residential Customers
Visit the My Account page to:
- Find out how to pay your bill
- Start, stop or transfer water service
- View your bill
- See a variety of account resources, including high bills and billing adjustments
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- New service connection
- Disconnection of existing service
- Transfer service
- Billing problems
- Disconnection of service due to non-payment
- Other account questions
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.