Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Request an Additional or New Water Meter
The Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department performs new service installations for new and additional water meters upon request. To request Service Installation for an Additional Water Meter or a new water meter, visit one of the New Business Unit offices.
Service installation request(s) will require a Boundary Survey (no larger than 11” x 17”) of the property and not older than 2 years, along with:
- Proposed meter box location (on Boundary Survey), dated and signed as recommend by your plumber or contractor
- Your Name
- Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID
- Mailing Address
- Daytime Phone Number
Please refer to the service installation requirement checklist for additional details.
Service Sizes Installation Fees*
|Size of Installations||
|1" Dual Service Box (This will accommodate a 5/8" meter through Twin off and add a second meter in existing box converting into a dual box)||
|1" Single Service Box (This will accommodate 5/8" or 1" meter)||
|1" Dual Service Box (This will accommodate two 5/8" meters)||
|2" Single Service Box (This will accommodate a 2" meter)||
|Greater than 2" requires a Water Agreement (Refer to Water & Sewer Agreement for process details)||
*The fees above will apply for all typical service installations. However, Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department reserves the right to charge its actual costs for a typical installation. Permit Fees also apply by the various government agencies. At the customer’s request, the meter will be set once the private plumbing is connected to the new service installation. Meter installation fees are below and are not included in the service installation fees.
Connection charges for first time connection or changes of use:
Each home/business owner is responsible for the costs associated with Water and Sewer Connection Charge fees based on the usage of the property at the time of connection. The water and sewer connection charge rates are subject to revision by the Board of County Commissioners at any time. These fees shall be paid prior to the meter installation. Please note other fees may apply.
Water Meter Fees
|Size of meter||
|3/4” or 5/8”||
*The fees are for the installation of water meter(s) only. All new water services must be installed in accordance with the appropriate Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department Standard Detail, prior to the installation of the water meter.
Water and Sewer Department reserves the right to install the appropriate sized meter, if a service is deemed to be oversized for a specific premise (use), as long as an adequate amount of flow is provided.
Additional deposit and/or opening or transferring of an account on the billing system may apply. For additional information please call Customer Service Division.
The meter will not be set with the installation of the new service, until your private plumbing is connected to the point of the set meter.
First time connection to water:
Owners or residents whose properties are currently served by well water and who wish to connect to WASD water facilities should follow these steps:
1. A licensed plumber/contractor should be hired for the installation of all plumbing facilities to the point where the new service installation and the Department’s water meter will be located. The owner/resident will assume the costs of the installation of all private plumbing facilities. The plumbing permit will be obtained through the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department:
Miami-Dade County (MDPIC)
Herbert S. Saffier Permitting and Inspection Center
11805 S.W. 26 Street, Suite 140
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Once all private plumbing facilities/connections to the point where the Department’s new service is installed and where the water meter will be set, the owner/resident should contact the New Business Office to have their WASD account opened. The Department requires 24-hour advance notice to provide an appointment for the disconnection of the existing well and schedule the meter installation.
For detail information regarding this process, please contact the New Business Office.
Business Unit Offices
- LeJeune Office
3575 S. LeJeune Road
South of US-1
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Miami-Dade Permitting and Inspection Center (MDPIC)
11805 SW 26 Street
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Overtown Transit Village (OTV)
701 NW 1st Court
2nd Floor West
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.