The purpose of the Out-of-School working group is to convene local stakeholders, community leaders, educators, law enforcement and government service providers to discuss and recommend necessary action steps to ensure the safety, health and well-being for children in our community while out of school.
As such, group’s desired outcome is to identify and recommend long-lasting strategies and partnerships that will improve the safety of children at parks and neighborhoods. The Out-of-School working group is committed to working together with the community and the members of the Joint Roundtable on Youth Safety to achieve our goals of providing safer environments for our youth.
Some of the key recommendations that were developed by the Out-of-School working group include:
- increasing participation and collaboration in truancy sweeps and truancy abatement efforts,
- increased police visibility outside school grounds and in an around areas frequented by at-risk youth,
- providing mental health awareness training to park personnel,
- enhancing relationships between park and police personnel, and
- increasing public awareness of crime prevention programs just to name a few.
A complete list of the working groups’ recommendations and work product can be accessed by viewing the Community Action Plan.
Crime Stoppers Mobile App
Visit the Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers website to download the free Crime Stoppers mobile app.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.