Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
The Joint Roundtable on Youth Safety Youth Services working group consists of community stakeholders, law enforcement, community and faith-based organizations.
The Youth Services working group’s primary focus is to establish and execute a robust safety net of support for all youth throughout Miami-Dade County. As such, the Youth Safety working group, in collaboration with all stakeholders, drafted numerous recommendations addressing the needs of at-risk children in school, community, and home.
This joint effort provided the mechanism to bring together leaders in the area of education, mental health, substance abuse, mentoring, employment, crime prevention, juvenile justice, recreation, and many more. The utilization of crime data was essential in identifying trends and service needs for at-risk children.
Some of the key recommendations that were developed by the Youth Services working group include:
- Increasing student access to school-based behavioral/mental health services
- Providing family advocates for children and families in need
- Developing a Training/Professional Development Menu for Collaborative Participation of organizations/professionals
- Identifying evidence-based/best practice family engagement training to provide to community providers
- Establishing a One Stop Mentoring referral system
- Conducting Creating Community Change: Youth Empowerment Summits throughout the community
- Identifying and enhancing employment programs and initiatives for youth that have a track record of success in meeting the community’s needs.
The Youth Services working group continues to meet and refine the existing recommendations to ensure the delivery of viable services to children and families that reside in Miami Dade County.
Miami-Dade Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
The Miami-Dade Violence Intervention Project (VIP) helps youth speak out and be recognized. Since it started in 2007, the VIP has reached thousands of kids, collected thousands of pledges to non-violence, and helped to bring about open and honest talk between youth and adults.
The mission of the Miami-Dade Violence Intervention Project is to increase awareness of the violence problem in our community, enhance access to anti-violence services and resources, and encourage non-violent activism among young people.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:23:27 AM
Violence Intervention Project
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.