As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Building Code Amnesty Program
Residents of Unincorporated Miami-Dade County may benefit from an Amnesty Lien Settlement
if faced with civil penalties and liens for Building Code violations (Expired Permit violations, Work
Without Permit violations). For additional information, pertaining to this settlement option and
criteria, contact Lien Services for assistance.
Conditions that apply
- Amnesty only applies to primary owners of a residential property and does not apply to
properties owned by financial institutions or commercial/industrial properties.
- A permit with a final inspection approval to bring the structure into compliance with the
- All costs related to prior enforcement in connection with the structure, as documented
by the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department shall be satisfied in full (these
may include inspections, photographs, research, recordation, and enforcement recovery
How to apply
The homeowner must:
- Submit the Building Code Amnesty Program application form
- Contact Lien Services at 786-315-2777 or [email protected]
- Present evidence of ownership (Driver’s License, Copy of Warranty Deed, Quit Claim
Deed, tax bill)
Where to submit
- You may email your application to: [email protected]
- Or in-person at:
Miami-Dade County Permitting and Inspection Center
11805 SW 26 Street
Suite 230 Lien Collection Unit
Miami, FL 33175
For more information
For general information, call 786-315-2777 or email [email protected]
For permitting information, call 786-315-2100 or email [email protected]
For residential homeowners, contact the Homeowner Assistance Team at 786-315-2388 or email
[email protected]. This service is offered to individuals who will be pulling Owner-Builder
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.