BARBARA J. JORDAN, DISTRICT 1
- Sponsored a resolution directing the Public Health Trust to negotiate with the appropriate collective bargaining units for a temporary hazardous duty pay supplement of $7.50 per hour above the regular hourly base rate of pay for the period between March 1 and June 30, 2020, for healthcare employees who are identified by the Trust as having close contact with infected patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sponsored a resolution urging the Florida Legislature and the Agency for Health Care Administration to require personal protective equipment for home health workers in light of COVID-19.
- Sponsored a resolution urging Congress to include funding for companies and local governments in future stimulus packages to assist with the economic downturn caused by COVID-19.
- Hosted a virtual town hall meeting to address the COVID-19 pandemic
District Office: 305-474-3011
JEAN MONESTIME, DISTRICT 2
- Teamed up with Joshua's Heart Foundation to deliver food to seniors during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Sponsored legislation calling for the County administration to prepare a report analyzing the breakdown of COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations and deaths by race and other demographic factors in Miami-Dade County.
- Sponsored legislation urging Congress and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to include race, ethnicity, and other demographic information in publicly released data pertaining to individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Sponsored legislation making it the policy of the County to have Haitian Creole, Spanish, and sign language interpreters at countywide emergency announcements and emergency press conferences for COVID-19 and future emergency situations.
District Office: 305-694-2779
AUDREY M. EDMONSON, DISTRICT 3
- Sponsored legislation to have mail-in ballot request applications sent to all Miami-Dade households with voters who had not requested one yet.
- Sponsored legislation to implement a financial relief plan for County vendors operating at County facilities during the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Hosted several food distributions during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Sponsored legislation to provide drive-thru vote-by-mail ballot drop-off locations at all early voting sites to allow voters to securely and timely deliver their vote-by-mail ballots to the Supervisor of Elections for the 2020 primary and general elections and during future declared public health states of emergency that affect elections.
District Office: 305-636-2331
SALLY A. HEYMAN, DISTRICT 4
- Teamed up with Farm Share for food distributions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sponsored legislation to implement a financial relief plan for vendors at County parks during the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Sponsored legislation urging the state to remove restrictions on the reemployment of retired essential personnel to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Teamed up with Feeding South Florida for several community food distributions.
District Office: 305-787-5999
EILEEN HIGGINS, DISTRICT 5
- Partnered with Unity Groves to distribute food to residents facing food insecurity over a six-week period as part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farmers to Families Food Box Program.
- Sponsored legislation to create the RISE Miami-Dade Fund, a transformative revolving loan fund to help Miami-Dade small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic and beyond with initial seed funding of $25 million from Miami-Dade County.
- Sponsored legislation to establish walkup food distribution locations for residents without access to a vehicle.
- Proposed legislation that would have required concessionaires at Miami International Airport receiving federal COVID-19 economic relief to continue to provide health care coverage to their employees.
District Office: 305-375-5924
REBECA SOSA, DISTRICT 6
- Sponsored legislation directing the County administration to work with Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez-Rundle on an initiative to fight domestic violence during the coronavirus state of emergency.
- Sponsored legislation to implement a Financial Relief Plan for Miami-Dade County's business partners at Miami International Airport and Miami-Dade County's General Aviation Airports during the coronavirus state of emergency.
- Sponsored legislation directing the County administration to transition emergency purchases of meals to the elderly to locally headquartered businesses provided that such purchases do not impair the County's ability to receive federal or state emergency reimbursements.
- Sponsored legislation directing the County administration to develop a plan to deliver food and medications to certain persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are in Quarantine.
- Distributed face masks, hand sanitizer and food at distributions in her district to help residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sponsored a resolution advocating for alternatives to residential evictions in the era of COVID-19.
District Office: 305-267-6377
XAVIER L. SUAREZ, DISTRICT 7
- Partnered with Community Health of South Florida and One Blood to make walkup COVID-19 and antibody testing easily accessible to residents in Coconut Grove, South Miami and surrounding areas.
- Invited the community to join him in giving blood at the Frankie Shannon Rolle Community Center to help save lives during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Penned a Miami Herald editorial offering encouragement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Shared his analysis of the coronavirus pandemic in Miami-Dade with Miami Today readers.
District Office: 305-694-3550
DANIELLA LEVINE CAVA, DISTRICT 8
- Sponsored legislation urging the state to request Florida's federal share of Help America Vote Act emergency funds from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Sponsored legislation urging Congress and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to directly purchase excess fruits, vegetables and other crops from growers for use in assistance programs during the COVID-19 pandemic and to provide financial assistance to growers.
- Sponsored a resolution urging Gov. Ron DeSantis to suspend all evictions and bar the collection of late fees by landlords during the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Hosted several food distributions to feed residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
District Office: 305-378-6677
DENNIS C. MOSS, DISTRICT 9
- Sponsored legislation requesting the Public Health Trust to provide video communication services at each of its hospital facilities to enable patients to communicate with their family members whenever in-person visitations are limited as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic or any future emergency.
- Sponsored a resolution urging Congress and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to authorize automatic continuation of funding to Miami-Dade County's Continuum of Care in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sponsored legislation urging the state to establish a statewide pandemic preparedness plan to coordinate actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and any future potential pandemics.
- Sponsored a resolution urging Gov. Ron DeSantis to require that all deaths potentially caused by COVID-19 be exhaustively investigated to determine the cause, source, location and other circumstances of COVID-19 transmission; to rapidly address the sources of transmission to prevent further infections or deaths caused by COVID-19; and to provide available information to the immediate family members of the deceased.
District Office: 305-245-4420
SEN. JAVIER D. SOUTO, DISTRICT 10
- Hosted a June 5 giveaway of 55 foldable shopping carts to seniors at Postmaster Apartments to reduce the risk of COVID-19 contamination when shopping.
- Hosted a May 29 giveaway of 12 foldable shopping carts to seniors at Postmaster Apartments to reduce the risk of COVID-19 contamination when shopping.
- Met with Miami-Dade County Parks security experts and the Information Technology Department on May 26 to go over the installation of security cameras at seven additional District 10 parks following their reopening.
- Hosted a May 21 giveaway of foldable shopping carts to residents at Senator Villas Apartments to reduce the risk of COVID-19 contamination when shopping.
District Office: 305-222-2116
JOE A. MARTINEZ, DISTRICT 11
- Sponsored legislation to suspend all water service disconnections due to nonpayment for 60 days beyond the termination of the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Sponsored legislation to authorize outdoor seating at restaurants in unincorporated Miami-Dade, including uncovered outdoor seating and seating under a tent or canopy, as a temporary use for as long as COVID-19 social distancing rules remain in effect.
- Sponsored a resolution to create Miami-Dade's COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force.
- Sponsored legislation to implement a financial relief plan for the owners of boats docked at County marinas by applying one month’s portion of the berth permittee's security deposit to the final month's payment for berth permits.
- Sponsored legislation which allows boat owners to apply one month's security deposit to the permit fees for the last month of a berth permit at County marinas.
District Office: 305-552-1155
JOSÉ "PEPE" DÍAZ, DISTRICT 12
- Sponsored legislation urging Congress to include funding for rental assistance in the next coronavirus stimulus package to help renters experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Sponsored legislation directing the County administration to make emergency purchases of goods or services from local businesses during the COVID-19 state of emergency to the extent practicable and in a manner that does not jeopardize federal emergency management.
- Hosted numerous drive-through food distributions to feed residents during the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Distributed face masks to District 12 seniors for protection during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sponsored a legislation to use $20 million in federal CARES Act funding to create a grant program for Miami-Dade veteran homeowners and veteran-owned businesses impacted by COVID-19.
District Office: 305-599-1200
ESTEBAN L. BOVO, JR., DISTRICT 13
- Sponsored legislation directing the County administration to ensure that the County does not authorize or approve increases in rents within any development funded through one or more of the County's affordable housing programs during the COVID-19 state of emergency or any other declared emergency.
- Sponsored a resolution urging the Federal Aviation Administration to prohibit travel to and from Cuba due to coronavirus cases in Cuba and the Cuban government's unwillingness to be forthright about such cases.
- Sponsored a resolution in support of federal legislation to ensure small businesses affected by COVID-19 receive disaster funding assistance to maintain jobs and provide payroll during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Sponsored legislation urging the state to intervene and halt any salary increases for executives and staffers of Citizens Property Insurance Corporation in light of the coronavirus pandemic and the resulting economic impacts.
District Office: 305-820-8424