- There can be no minor or dependent children born from the marriage nor can the wife be pregnant
- If there is property, division of property has been agreed to and a written property division agreement must be filed with the court at the time of initial appearance
- You cannot have any unresolved financial obligations
- One of the parties must be a Florida resident for at least six months prior to the date of filing and your residency must be corroborated by a witness
- Both parties will be required to complete a marital settlement agreement
If you and your spouse do not meet all the requirements, you will not be able to proceed with a simplified divorce.
Filing the petition
Payment is accepted in cash, cashier's check, money order, Visa, Discover, MasterCard or American Express and is non-refundable. Personal checks are not accepted.