As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Disaster Assistance Centers (DAC) Support Staff
The mission of Disaster Assistance Centers (DAC) Support Staff is to serve as a facilitator of information and referral to those individuals visiting the DAC for assistance. The Support staff is to become familiar with all local, state
and federal programs being offered at these centers, and at any other facility.
The support staff will need to report the need of provisions of supplies and materials to the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and keep inventory of needed supplies. The support staff is to serve as liaisons with the State and Federal authorities assigned to the center.
Approximately 5 support staff would be necessary to maintain an orderly flow of visitors and, due to the diversity of this community, it is highly recommended that at least two of these four individuals speak, read and write a second language (Spanish or Creole). Staff may work in or outdoors in a potentially high paced, high stress environment for shifts of 8 – 9 hours. Work is typically administrative in nature but may require standing or sitting for long periods of time.
Duties of the Disaster Assistance Center support staff include, but are not limited to:
- Collect signatures from individuals visiting the centers and maintain the signature log
- Arrange for specific services as needed by the population visiting the centers (i.e. Blue Roof program, mental health, elderly services, transportation, etc.
- Ensure translation services are available if needed by State and Federal officials
- Liaison with the State and Federal authorities – provide resources where necessary
- Implement specific programs that may provide resources to the community
- Maintain communication with the EOC
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.