Which businesses are not yet allowed to open?
Miami-Dade County entered Phase 1 (Yellow) of moving into a new normal on Monday, May 18, 2020.
The Yellow phase allows non-essential businesses to reopen with specific requirements in capacity and safety rules. Designated business are not required to open.
The following non-essential business may not open during Phase 1 (Yellow):
- Auditoriums (see notice below)
- Banquet halls (allowed to open June 8)
- Bowling alleys (see notice below)
- Casinos (see notice below)
- Cocktail lounges
- Concert houses
- Gymnasiums, fitness centers and other common use amenities, whether of a commercial or non-commercial nature (allowed to open June 8)
- Hotels (allowed to open June 1)
- Massage studios (allowed to open June 8)
- Movie theatres (see notice below)
- Night clubs
- Pools (allowed to open June 1)
- Tattoo parlors (allowed to open June 8)
Establishments that offer multiple business lines (e.g. more than one type of service) may only operate the permitted service.
Please note that municipalities may implement more stringent requirements for non-essential businesses within their jurisdictions.
Note for other entertainment facilities
Due to the unique and specialized nature of entertainment venues and attractions, each venue must submit a proposed plan to the County detailing how the applicable guidelines included in this Handbook – the general guidelines, as well as those specific to retail spaces, arts and cultural venues, restaurants, and/or pools, will be implemented and enforced within the facility(ies). The plan must follow the format of these guidelines to include workforce protection, employee protection, non-employee protection, business process adaptations, employer-led public health interventions and industry-wide safeguards and address, at a minimum, the required elements of the respective set of guidelines. This plan must be approved by the County and posted on-site prior to re-opening the facility(ies). Examples of such facilities include movie theaters, bowling alleys, auditoriums, indoor amusement facilities, casinos and various attractions. Please submit plans to [email protected]