Phase 1 of allowing the reopening of certain businesses began on May 18, 2020. Non-essential businesses can open with stringent capacity and safety rules in place.
While designated businesses will be permitted to open, they are not required to open. Furthermore, if current conditions change, this date may be moved out. Once we move into the Yellow flag phase, if we experience a surge in cases, we may be required to return to the Orange flag phase. Should this happen, we will communicate this to the community with adequate time to prepare prior to the effective date.
Points in bold MUST be followed; other recommendations are strongly suggested.
- Emergency Order 25-20 HTML | PDF
- Emergency Order 24-20 HTML | PDF
- Emergency Order 23-20 HTML | PDF
- Amendment 1 to Emergency Order 23-20 HTML | PDF
- Amendment 2 to Emergency Order 23-20 HTML | PDF
- Amendment 3 to Emergency Order 23-20 HTML | PDF
- Note: In order to re-open, businesses that have been closed due to non-compliance must take 24 hours to review the New Normal Guidelines and also take all necessary measures to meet the requirements. These businesses must also submit an affidavit demonstrating that they have completed these steps.
- Amendment 4 to Emergency Order 23-20 HTML | PDF
- Read the report: The New Normal - A Guide for Residents and Commercial Establishments
- Send a question or a suggestion about the New Normal Guide to [email protected]
The color flag identification system below will be used to communicate each day where we are on the continuum of the New Normal. Depending upon the situation, we may take intermediate steps between these phases, but knowing what color phase we are in will help you navigate your activities.