For the most up to date changes, see the latest Emergency Orders and Amendments.
Send a question or a suggestion about the New Normal Guide to [email protected].
- Boating (boats, kayaks and canoes must remain 50 feet apart at all times)
- Charter vessels (shall not exceed the vessel's capacity limits, inclusive of crew)
- Passengers (must be boarded before launch)
- Single boat launches only (vessels must be prepared in advanced, one per ramp)
- Bait and tackle, fuel docks open
- Jet ski rental (two riders allowed only if from same household)
- Fish cleaning station
- Fishing piers
- Tying up, including Stiltsville
- Beaching (no beaching of boats on Monument Island, Sandspur Island AKA "Beer Can Island," Pace Picnic Island or others
Captain, crew and patrons of charter vessels must wear facial coverings and practice social distancing rules, both on shore and on the vessel.
Tour boats and non-fishing charter vessels shall be limited to 50 percent of vessel capacity and, if serving food or alcohol, comply with the provisions of the New Normal Handbook relevant to such service.
The following are guidelines for boat capacity and charter vessels.
- Boat ramps are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- One boat per launch ramp is permitted at a time
- Vessels must be prepared in advance to launch (plug secured, dock lines tied, safety equipment and provisions already onboard)
- Once the vessel is safely launched off the trailer and in the water, all passengers must board immediately
- Upon returning to the dock, all passengers must remain on the vessel until the boat is ready to be loaded unto the trailer. Once loaded, the passenger(s) shall return to their vehicle(s) and exit the launch facility
- Kayak/canoe launch areas are open. Users should follow CDC social distancing guidelines
- Access to public restrooms are available. Safe protocol in accordance with CDC guidelines must be followed
- On piers, social distancing at a minimum of 10 feet between fishermen must be followed
- At fishing piers, persons must wear facial masks while fishing and follow social distancing rules of a minimum of 10 feet between persons fishing, with the exception of family members
- One person per fish cleaning station at a time. Proper cleaning and sanitation processes should always be practiced. Social distancing should be practiced at all times*
- Bait and tackle stores are required to practice social distancing and utilize personal protective equipment*
- Staff may limit the number of persons using bait and tackle shops to ensure social distancing is maintained