Small business owners and others using the U.S. Small Business Administration website for COVID-19 relief should beware of a fraudulent webpage created.
Some Miami-Dade County residents have received yellow cards advertising free water analysis. These cards and the offered free testing are not affiliated with the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department. The aim of some of these sampling opportunities results with the promotion of installing water filters at homes. Water filters are not needed to use Miami-Dade’s drinking water.
As we continue moving to a new normal in our COVID-19 recovery, Miami-Dade County warns all residents to avoid scams attempting to spread malicious software and commit financial fraud related to job termination, unemployment compensation and COVID-19 recovery payments.
- Miami-Dade State Attorney Price Gouging Hotline: 305-547-3300
- State Attorney General Price Gouging Hotline: 1-866-966-7226
- Federal Finance Housing Finance Agency: Report Fraud
- Federal Trade Commission, Coronavirus Scams and Stimulus Checks:
- Federal Communications Commission: COVID-19 Consumer Warnings and Safety Tips
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Beware of scams related to the coronavirus