Careers: Police Complaint Officer (911 Call Taker)
The Miami-Dade Police Department's application process
for the position of Police Complaint Officer
is currently closed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Be a resident of the United States of America.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Applicants will be subject to an extensive background check.
- As a condition of continued employment, the ability to handle stressful emergency communications associated with the 911 Emergency System will be assessed during the training and probationary period.
- Two years of public contact or interviewing experience is desired.
- Computer-aided dispatch experience is preferred.
- Experience in law enforcement work including communications duties.
- The ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Must take, and pass, a computer-based skills and abilities test, which will evaluate the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, decision making, data entry, data entry (audio), cross referencing (audio), prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Photo identification is required to take the computer-based skills and abilities test.
- Employees will obtain and maintain certification in requisites of FCIC (Florida Crime Information Center).
- Employees will obtain and maintain certification through the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch.
- Employees will obtain and maintain CPR certification through the American Red Cross.
- Employees will obtain and maintain a 911 PST Certification from the Florida Department of Health.