Miami-Dade County Property Owners to Receive 2019 Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM Notice) in the Mail
Miami-Dade County, FL – Property Appraiser Pedro J. Garcia is mailing the Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM) on Friday, August 23, to all property owners, which provides them with the property values established by our office and the tax rates proposed by the taxing authorities. The mailing will include a “TRIM Guide” to help them better understand their proposed taxes. It will also contain a letter from Property Appraiser Garcia informing property owners, who believe their property assessment may be too high, to complete an Informal Assessment Review Form where we will be able to address value concerns.
TRIM Notices can also be found online at www.miamidade.gov/pa.
The TRIM Notice includes important information about each individual property:
- The property’s assessed value as of January 1, 2019
- Exemptions, if any, applied to the property
- The proposed taxes calculated based on the taxing authorities’ proposed millage rates
- The dates, times and venues of budget hearings for each of the taxing authorities
Property Appraiser Garcia stated, “Property owners are encouraged to review their TRIM Notice to confirm they are receiving the benefits they are entitled to. I invite all Miami-Dade County property owners who believe their property is over-assessed to meet with me or my staff so that we may address any concerns or questions they may have prior to receiving their Tax Bill in November.”
Additionally, his letter will also list four upcoming outreach events where staff will be available to personally assist property owners one-on-one. If a property owner believes their assessment is too high, they should bring documents that support an assessment reduction, such as comparable sales, appraisals, photographs of the property and insurance claim paperwork.
The dates and locations of the outreach events are below. Any date modifications will be reflected on the Calendar of Events page found on our website at www.miamidade.gov/pa.
- August 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. - South Dade Government Center, 10710 SW 211 Street (First Floor) Cutler Bay, FL 33189
- September 3, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. - Milander Center, 4800 Palm Avenue, Hialeah, FL 33012
- September 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. - West Dade Regional Library, 9445 SW 24 Street, Miami, FL 33165
- September 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. - North Dade Regional Library, 2455 NW 183 Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
Property owners may also visit our office in Downtown Miami at 111 NW 1st Street, 7th Floor or the South Dade Government Center at 10710 SW 211th Street, 2nd Floor, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.