Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Block Party Permits

Block Party/Event Permits are issued by the Department of Transportation and Public Works, Traffic Engineering Division (DTPW-TED), for the temporary closing of residential streets for non-commercial purposes. Commercial events, such as races, are also permitted under this process; however they will have to comply with additional requirements from the Department of Regulatory and Environmental Resources (RER), the Internal Services Department (ISD) as well as State regulations. Commercial Events will need to submit Maintenance of Traffic Plans to the Traffic Engineering Division for review and approval.

Applications must be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks in anticipation to the date of the event.

Applicants shall pay a permit fee of $240 for review. This fee does not guarantee approval but covers only the cost of review. Commercial events might require additional fees based on the need for Maintenance of Traffic Plans review.

Applications are accepted in person at the:

Miami-Dade County Department of Transportation and Public Works Permit Section
111 NW 1st Street, 14 Floor
Miami, FL 33128

Only checks or money orders payable to Miami-Dade County are accepted.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:46:04 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.