Miami-Dade County Department of Solid Waste Management offers important information ahead of Tropical Depression Eta
In anticipation of possible severe weather conditions associated with Tropical Depression Eta, the Miami-Dade County Department of Solid Waste Management (DSWM) offers the following information:
- Do not begin any tree pruning or cleanup activities at this time.
- Please refrain from scheduling bulky waste pickups prior to the storm, as piles may not be collected before weather conditions worsen.
- DSWM customers needing to dispose of household trash, yard trash and bulky items immediately should take these materials to the nearest Neighborhood Trash and Recycling Center listed below:
- North Dade - 21500 NW 47 Ave.
- Golden Glades - 140 NW 160 St.
- Norwood - 19901 NW 7 Ave.
- Palm Springs North - 7870 NW 178 St.
- West Little River - 1830 NW 79 St.
- Snapper Creek - 2200 SW 117 Ave.
- Chapman Field - 13600 Old Cutler Road
- Sunset Kendall - 8000 SW 107 Ave.
- Richmond Heights - 14050 Boggs Dr.
- West Perrine - 16651 SW 107 Ave.
- Eureka Drive - 9401 SW 184 St.
- South Miami Heights - 20800 SW 117 Ct.
- Moody Drive - 12970 SW 268 St.
As a reminder, Trash and Recycling Centers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Centers are open only to Miami-Dade County waste collection customers.*
Masks/face coverings are required while in the facilities.
Secure green and blue carts indoors or in a garage or patio to prevent carts being lost or damaged during strong winds or heavy rains.
Curbside garbage and recycling services will continue to be provided as long as weather conditions permit.
Residents are advised to bring inside any items that can hold standing water, to prevent mosquito breeding after rainfall dissipates. For more Mosquito Control tips, please click here.
For more information, customers should call 311, the County’s Contact Center, or visit the Department’s website here.
*Waste Collection Customers are households in the unincorporated service area and the following cities: Aventura, Cutler Bay, Doral, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Sunny Isles Beach.