Federal vaccination site at Miami Dade College North Campus now open
Miami-Dade's first federal vaccination site at Miami Dade College North Campus is now open and accepting on-site walk-in registration. This site, located at 11380 NW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33167, will operate 7 days per week, from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- The following individuals who live in Florida are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as outlined in the Governor's latest Executive Order:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older
- Additionally, this site CAN vaccinate individuals deemed extremely vulnerable by a physician. Individuals will need to present a signed form, available here
- For more information visit https://www.floridadisaster.org/Vaccine
"After months of pushing for more vaccines, I am thrilled the federal government is including Miami-Dade in their expanded vaccination efforts across Florida – building on our ongoing work to expand vaccine distribution at sites including Miami-Dade College North Campus," said Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava. "This site will greatly expand the weekly volume of vaccines available in Miami-Dade as we work to ensure every single eligible resident has access."
The federal site at MDC North Campus will administer 2,000 vaccines per day; the site will also operate two smaller, mobile satellite sites that will each conduct 500 vaccinations per day in underserved areas across the County.
Additionally, the state of Florida is operating the following additional community vaccination sites open to on-site walk-up registration, open 7 days a week from 7 am to 7 pm:
Oak Grove Park - Father Gerard Jean-Juste Community Center
690 NE 159th Street
Miami, FL 33162
Overtown – Parking Lot
1551 NW 1st Ave
Miami, FL 33136
Eligible individuals are encouraged to preregister with the statewide preregistration system by either calling each county’s designated phone number – complete list of phone numbers available on the COVID-19 Vaccines in Florida webpage or by visiting MyVaccine.FL.gov.
For more information and updates visit miamidade.gov/vaccine.