Miami-Dade County hosts free pediatric COVID-19 vaccine drive
County partners with Nomi Health to offer vaccines to children six months and older at select locations starting this weekend
Miami-Dade County has partnered with Nomi Health to offer pediatric vaccines to Miami-Dade families starting Saturday, June 25th through Wednesday, June 29th. Vaccines will now be available to children six months and older at eight different locations across the county. Sites will offer extended hours in effort to accommodate the newest eligible age group.
On June 17, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized emergency use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19 to include use in children down to 6 months of age.
“We know that vaccines are the most effective way to combat the COVID-19 virus and the county has offered no-cost testing and vaccines since the beginning of the pandemic,” said Mayor Daniella Levine Cava. “Pediatric vaccines are an important step to keeping our children and families safe, and Miami-Dade is one of the few counties in the country offering this resource at no cost to residents.”
- Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 27 – Wednesday, June 29: 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Tropical Park, 7900 SW 40th Street Miami FL 33155
- Dolphin Mall, 11401 NW 12th Street Miami FL 33172
- Zoo Miami, 12400 SW 152 Street Miami FL 33177
- Joseph Caleb Center, 5400 NW 22 Ave Miami FL 33142
- Miami Beach 17St Garage, 530 17th Street Miami Beach FL 33139
- Aventura Mall, 19525 Biscayne Blvd Aventura FL 33180
- Harris Field, 675 North Homestead Blvd Homestead FL 33030
- Miami Dade College (North Campus), 11380 NW 27th Ave Miami FL 33167
“Miami-Dade is a leader in providing easy access to Covid-19 testing and vaccination. Offering pediatric vaccines to the community is a critical step in ensuring our community stays safe. Nomi Health is proud to support the mayor and people in the County in this way,” said Ron Goncalves, General Manager of Florida, Nomi Health.
This community resource is the result of ongoing efforts between Miami-Dade County and testing and vaccination partner, Nomi Health. Anyone with a valid United States address can access testing and vaccines, regardless of insurance status. Those without a domestic address and no health insurance will be charged $75 per PCR test, $50 per rapid antigen test and $40 for vaccine administration.