The Department of Transportation and Public Works announces Metrorail service schedule adjustments
Effective Monday, August 8, 2022, the Department of Transportation and Public Works (DTPW) is implementing Metrorail service adjustments to maximize efficiency, minimize service impacts, and provide a more reliable train schedule to riders.
The adjustments are being made to perform necessary maintenance on the tracks to replace and modernize components for improved overall system reliability and efficiency. This will also help to minimize the impact to passengers due to personnel shortages. Similarly, a service adjustment was made to Metrobus routes in June. Given the current constraints caused by employee shortages affecting public transportation and other industries nationwide, DTPW is leveraging existing resources and taking a proactive approach to minimize service impacts to riders.
“Like employers and municipalities across the county and nation, we are experiencing staff shortages at some positions that are critical to continue to provide safe and reliable public transit service to our community,” said Eulois Cleckley, Director and CEO of the Department of Transportation and Public Works. “Nonetheless, we will continue to develop new solutions that will allow us to better retain employees and hire new staff. DTPW maintains its commitment to improving service, reliability, and safety, enhancing the customer experience, and providing safe and convenient mobility options. We ask for your patience and support as we deal with workforce challenges."
The service adjustments being made are as follows:
- Orange and Green Line trains will run every 15 minutes all day until 8:00 p.m. The two combined lines will provide service every 7.5 minutes between Earlington Heights and Dadeland South Stations.
- After 8:00 p.m., Orange and Green Line trains will provide service every 30 minutes.
- Orange Line trains will only provide service between Earlington Heights and Miami International Airport Stations with service every 15 minutes.
- Passengers heading to and from Miami International Airport must transfer between lines at Earlington Heights Station.
- Green Line trains will run every 30 minutes.
For more Metrorail service adjustment details click here.
Transit riders can stay updated on any service changes by signing up for Rider Alerts.
For additional information about transit services, visit DTPW’s website or download the GO Miami-Dade Transit app. Follow DTPW on social media.
Join Mobility 305 to receive monthly news, special events, perks, and other updates.