Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Fire and Out-of-Business Sale Permits

A Going Out of Business / Fire Sale Permit must be obtained (per Florida Statutes) whenever a business conducts a sale, in such a manner, as to reasonably cause the public to believe that upon disposal of the stock of goods, they will cease operations.

The permit is issued for a period of not more than 60 consecutive days, including weekends and holidays and cannot be renewed. Permits are neither transferable nor refundable.

For each location, you will need:

  • A completed Application For Out of Business / Fire Sale permit.
  • A full inventory of the goods, wares, merchandise and the dollar value of the items to be offered for the sale.
  • A fee of $50.00, Certified Funds or Cash only.
  • Verification that all Real Estate and Personal Property taxes are paid.
  • A copy of advertisements used in the media which include the necessary verbiage.
  • Surrender any applicable City and County Local Business Tax Receipts (formerly known as the occupational license).

Florida statutes mandate that you may not conduct a Fire or Going-Out-of-Business Sale without a permit. Applications to apply for permits are available at: Miami–Dade County Tax Collector’s Office, 200 NW 2nd Avenue, Open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, or you may call 305-375-5475, or download the following instruction and application forms:

If you cannot view PDF PDF files, you can download Acrobat Reader  for free from Adobe Systems, Inc. In order to use PDF files, you must have Acrobat installed on your computer.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Sep 5, 2014 10:58:03 AM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.