Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Gas and Oil Utility Taxes

The levy and collection of the County utility tax on the purchase of Bottled gas, Fuel oil and Metered gas is required by Article IV, Utility Tax, Sec. 29-36 to 29-42 of the Code of Miami-Dade.

Municipalities are authorized to tax the purchase of Bottled gas, Fuel oil and Metered gas pursuant to Florida Statutes 166.231

In order to properly allocate the taxes you collect to the different cities and to Unincorporated Miami-Dade County, an official address directory generated by the Information Technology Department of Miami-Dade County is available for a nominal fee; however, our focus is only with those customers located in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County.

Who must pay

As a seller of such services to the purchasers within the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County, you are required to collect such excise tax and remit same to the Miami-Dade County Tax Collector.

Back to Top

How to pay

For your convenience, we have provided website links that will allow you to download and print the Utility Excise Tax forms:

Please mail the form to:

200 NW 2ND AVE
MIAMI FL 33128

Back to Top

For more information

If you have additional questions relating to the Public Service Utility Tax please contact the Miami-Dade County, Tax Collector's Office, Accounting Unit, at 305-375-5475.

Back to Top

If you cannot view PDF PDF files, you can download Acrobat Reader  for free from Adobe Systems, Inc. In order to use PDF files, you must have Acrobat installed on your computer.

Page Last Edited: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:40:22 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.