MIAMI – Due to last week’s success of the first BOB’s TAKEOUT CASH MOB, the campaign has been extended to a second phase starting on April 2 through April 11. Miami-Dade County has numerous Black owned businesses and one of the tasks of the Black Affairs Advisory Board’s Economic Development Committee is to help them increase traffic and revenue. Many businesses have been affected by the current health crisis and social distancing restrictions. Miami-Dade County Black Affairs Advisory Board’s “I Support B.O.B. Black Owned Businesses campaign encourages the community to patronize participating restaurants with takeout orders and delivery services during the second BOBs TAKEOUT CASH MOB.
- SHUCKIN’ AND JIVIN’, 4759 NW 167th Street, Miami Gardens, 305-974-4751 - Call for hours
- ISEEFOOD, 16194 NW 27th Ave, Miami Gardens, 305-454-0403, Wednesday-Sunday, 4 p.m. – midnight WORLD FAMOUS RIB SHACK & SEAFOOD, 7506 NW 17th Ave, Model City, 786-558-7068 - Call for hours
- LORNA’S RESTAURANT & CARIBBEAN GRILLE, 19752 NW 27th Ave, Miami Gardens, 305-623-9760
- MLK RESTAURANT, 5931 NW 17th Avenue, Liberty City, 305-693-0303 - Call for hours
- LIL’ GREENHOUSE GRILL, 1300 NW 3rd Avenue, Overtown, 786-277-3582 - Open 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- HOUSE OF WINGS, 1039 NW 3rd Avenue, Overtown, 305-371-6556 - Open 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- IKRAVE, 4799 NW 7th Avenue, 786-747-4161 - Open 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- JACKSON’S SOUL FOOD, 950 NW 3rd Avenue, Miami, 305-374-7661 and on 14511 NW 27th Avenue, 305-982-8167 – Open M-F: 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday, 6 a.m.- 4 p.m.
In the past, the BOB campaign initiative has joined forces with community based organizations such as the Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce, Miami-Dade Economic Advocacy Trust (MDEAT), ICABA, Legacy LLC, NAACP, National Action Network, 100 Black Men of South Florida, NANA, fraternities, sororities, civic organizations, and similar groups. The Black churches have encouraged their congregations to support those businesses which register to participate in this campaign.
For more information, please contact Black Affairs Advisory Board Director Retha Boone-Fye by email at [email protected].
The Office of Community Advocacy, under the Board of County Commissioners, oversees eight advisory boards and the Miami-Dade County Goodwill Ambassador Program. The office is charged with making Miami-Dade County "One Community" that embraces our diverse and unique population. Subscribe to AdvocacyMDC’s YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.