In order to conduct business at PortMiami in accordance with rules and requirements of the Port Tariff , the Port Director and the Miami-Dade County Code. Companies are expected to comply with all applicable local, state and federal regulations. To obtain a business permit, ship chandlers/suppliers submit the following documentation:
- Permit Application
- Proof of Insurance
- Certificates of Liability Insurance evidencing insurance must name Miami‐Dade County and PortMiami as the Certificate Holder and must include Miami‐Dade County and PortMiami as an Additional Insured as respects General Liability.
- The minimum insurance coverage shall not be less than $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident for bodily injury and $50,000 per accident for property damage.
- Must include schedule of vehicles and drivers covered in the policy
- Permit Fee
- Initial Fee: $1,348 (Includes $348 non‐refundable processing fee and $1,000 permit fee)
- Renewal Fee: $1,000
- Permit renewals not received by the expiration date are considered late and the initial processing fee is required for reinstatement
- Copy of Business License/Articles of Incorporation
- Checklist of Items Submitted
Submit documentation to:
PortMiami Permit Section
1015 North America Way, Suite 210
Miami, Florida 33132
For more information, please email Susel Ferrer or call 305-347-4964.