In order to conduct business at PortMiami in accordance with rules and requirements of the Port Tariff , the Port Director and the Miami-Dade County Code. To obtain a permit, cartage/trucking companies must submit the following documentation:
- Permit Application
- Proof of Insurance
- All companies must provide a certificate of insurance, which names Miami-Dade County Risk Management and PortMiami as both certificate holder and additional insured as it pertains to company operations while in Miami-Dade County.
- General liability and vehicle liability of minimum $1,000,000
- Must include schedule of vehicles and drivers covered in the policy
- Permit Fee
- Initial Fee: $700 (Includes $350 Non-Refundable Processing Fee and $350 Permit Fee)
- Renewal Fee: $350 (Any permit renewals not received by the expiration date are considered late and the initial processing fee is required for reinstatement)
- Business License/Articles of Incorporation
- Proof of Operating Authority (MC Number) with U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Submit documentation to:
PortMiami Permit Section
1015 North America Way, Suite 210
Miami, Florida 33132
For more information, please email Susel Ferrer or call 305-347-4964.