As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Area 15: South Bay Board
The meeting scheduled for Dec. 11 at 6:30 p.m. will be a hybrid in-person/virtual meeting.
Zoning Meeting Location
South Dade Regional Library
10750 SW 211 Street
Miami, FL 33189
Any person wishing to present or use documents or photographic materials during their testimony must submit them in advance, in accordance with the instructions below.
Pre-registration requirements for Zoom
Interested parties who wish to speak on an application via Zoom must register in advance of the meeting as indicated below. Those who do not register in advance will not be permitted to speak. Participants who are physically present at the meeting location do not need to register and will be able to view and participate via Zoom at the physical location from a different room than the Board members.
- Zoom online registration will be available beginning at 8 a.m. Nov. 25, through 5 p.m., Dec. 10
- Registration by phone will only be available weekdays (excluding county observed holidays) from Nov. 25, through Dec. 10, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Speaking during the Meeting
On the day of the meeting, registered speakers can speak on an application by joining the Zoom virtual meeting as provided in their meeting registration or confirmation email, or by calling in live via phone at 786-414-2600. Participants must join the meeting in the same manner they registered: if you registered online through Zoom, you must log in with the same profile you used to register. If you registered by phone, you must call in with the same telephone number that you used to register.
Advance submission of documents or photographic materials
Interested parties who wish to introduce documents or photographic materials when speaking on one or more specific applications must submit such materials in advance to [email protected], in accordance with the following:
- The deadline to submit such documents and materials is Nov. 27 at 11:59 p.m.
- Each submitted document must:
- Clearly reference the applicable Zoning Hearing process number (e.g. Z2019000013) that it addresses; and
- Be of a file size no greater than 50MB and in PDF format; files exceeding 50MB must be divided into two or more files, 50MB each or less
- Submitted documents and materials will be included in the public record for the referenced application but will only be shown during the meeting when the submitting party is speaking
Documents not submitted in advance may not be shown on screen but may be distributed in hard copy.
- Non-registered parties can listen on the day of the meeting using the following options:
- Call in (audio only) at 786-414-2600
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may join the meeting using Florida Relay Service by dialing 711 on your telephone. Please email [email protected] or call (833) 250-2784 for technical assistance related to 711
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding the virtual meeting, please call and leave a voice message for the Development Services Division of the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources at 305-375-1244. Due to COVID-19, staff is currently working remotely but will respond within a reasonable time to voicemails received.
Miami-Dade County provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its programs or services. To request materials in accessible format, a sign language interpreter, Communication Access Real-time Translation services, and/or any other accommodation to participate in any County-sponsored program or meeting, please contact Alain Donderiz at 305-372-6779 or 786-442-4778, or via email at [email protected], at least five days in advance of the meeting to initiate your request. TTY users may also call 711 (Florida Relay Service).
If you need a translator at the meeting, one can be provided for you at no charge. To arrange for translating services, please indicate so when you either register online or through the registration call in number at 786-414-2600.
Plans and application documents for these zoning applications are available for inspection at the Self-Service Portal. For more information, call 305-375-2640, and refer to the hearing number when making an inquiry.
A person who decides to appeal any decision made by any board, agency or commission with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing, will need a record of the proceedings. Such person may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, including the testimony and evidence, five days in advance.
Here's the list of current Board members and the County Commission Districts affected by the Board's actions:
Zoning Appeals Board Members
Paul J. Morrow
Sub Area 151
Enid Washington Demps, Vice Chair
Sub Area 152
Timothy D. Forbes
Sub Area 153
Marjorie Murillo, Chair
Sub Area 154
Christina M. Farias
Sub Area 155
Sub Area 156
Danielle Cohen Higgins
District 9 - Appointing Commissioner
Kionne L. McGhee
Roberto J. Gonzalez
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.