As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
The following are the types of Zoning Districts, Urban Center Districts, and Rapid Transit Zones in Miami-Dade County.
- GU - Interim District-Uses depend on character of neighborhood, otherwise EU-2 standards apply
- AU - Agricultural/Residential 5 Acres gross
- EU-2 - Estates, Single-Family, 5 Acres gross
- EU-1C - Estates, Single-Family, 21/2 acres or more in area
- EU-1 - Estates, Single-Family, 1 acre or more in area
- EU-S - Estate use, suburban Single-family 25,000 ft2 gross
- EU-M - Estates modified, single-family, minimum lot area 15,000ft2 net
- RU-1 - Single-family Residential District 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-1Z* - Single-Family Residential, Zero Lot Line 4,500 ft2 net
- RU-1(M)(a) - Modified Single-Family Residential District 5,000 ft2 net
- RU-(M)(b) - Modified Single-Family Residential District 6,000 ft2 net
- RU-2 - Two-family Residential District, 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-TH - Townhouse District, 8.5 units/net acre
- RU-3 - Four-unit Apartment District, 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-3M - Minimum Apartment House 12.9 units/net acre
- RU-3B - Bungalow Court District, 10,000 ft2 net
- RU-4L - Limited Apartment House District, 35.9 units/net acre
- RU-4M - Modified Apartment House District, 35.9 units/net acre
- RU-4 - High Density Apartment House District, 50 units/net acre
- RU-4A - RU-4 or Hotel/Motel District, 23 units/net acre
- RU-5 - Semi-professional Office District and Apartments District
- RU-5A - Semi-professional Office District, 10,000 ft2 net
- OPD - Office Park District, 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- TND - Traditional Neighborhood Development District, 40 acres gross minimum. Mixed uses.
- BU-1 - Business Districts, neighborhood
- BU-1A - Business Districts, limited
- BU-2 - Business Districts, special
- BU-3 - Business Districts, liberal (wholesale); includes mechanical garage and used car lots.
- IU-1 - Industrial Districts, light manufacturing
- IU-2 - Industrial Districts, heavy manufacturing
- IU-3 - Industrial Districts, unlimited manufacturing
- IU-C - Industrial District, conditional
Special Zoning Districts
- PAD - Planned Area Development. 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- OPD - Office Park District. 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- TND - Traditional Neighborhood Development District. 40 acres gross minimum. Mixed uses.
- ECPAD - Employment Center Planned Area Development. Implementing the CDMP’s business and office land use category’s employment centers. Requires a minimum of 10 gross acres, designated business and office on the CDMP’s land use plan map, located inside the UDB and with direct access to a major roadway.
- REDPAD - Retail Entertainment District Planned Area Development. Zoning district designed to accommodate large regional retail and entertainment venues. Requires a minimum of 50 gross acres, designated business and office on the CDMP’s land use plan map, located inside the UDB and with direct access to a major roadway.
- CD - Corridor District. Zoning district designed to address the conversion of former rail or transportation corridors into a mix of development and trail/recreation areas.
Urban Centers Districts and Areas
Standard Urban Center District Regulations
This article provides common regulations for Urban Center and Urban Area districts within the county.
- Regulations and Illustrations (4.7 MB)
- Code reference: ARTICLE XXXIII(K).
Adopted Urban Center Districts and Areas
In addition to the Standard Urban Center Regulations, please refer to the Urban Center/Area regulations listed below to obtain the regulating standards for each area. Some PDF maps in the documents may not be updated. For more current and detailed information on a specific property, use the GIS map application map on the right side of this page.
Bird Road Corridor Urban Area District
Bird Road Design and Industrial District
Country Club Urban Center District
Cutler Ridge Metropolitan Urban Center District
Downtown Kendall Urban Center District
Goulds Community Urban Center District
Leisure City Community Urban Center District
Model City Urban Center District
Naranja Community Urban Center District
North Central Urban Area District
Ojus Urban Area District
Palmer Lake Metropolitan Urban Center District
Princeton Community Urban Center District
Perrine Community Urban Center District
Rapid Transit Zones
More Zoning Districts
Land Management Map
Explore the interactive land management GIS map. To locate a property, enter the folio number or address.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.