Commemorate Baynanza 2020 with an Act of Green
This year’s Baynanza will be twice as special as the County celebrates the 50th anniversary of Earth Day by participating in the Earth Day Network’s Acts of Green.
New airport zoning ordinance
On November 19th, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners adopted Ordinance No. 19-112, comprehensively updating the regulatory framework governing the County airports – Miami International, Miami Executive, Opa-locka Executive and Miami Homestead General.
Volunteer to restore endangered lands
Help clean environmentally-endangered lands and bring them back to life. Collectively, we can make Miami-Dade County greener.
Grants available for Census outreach and education
Miami-Dade County will provide grants to community-based organizations to conduct outreach and education to provide information about the 2020 Census to communities within Miami-Dade County that have been identified as likely be undercounted in the 2020 Census.
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.