New airport zoning ordinance
On November 19th, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners adopted Ordinance No. 19-112, comprehensively updating the regulatory framework governing the County airports – Miami International, Miami Executive, Opa-locka Executive and Miami Homestead General.
Baynanza student design and photography contests
Miami-Dade County and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens invites Miami-Dade County college and university students to participate in three student-design contests and a photography contest that is open to all.
Grants available for Census outreach and education
Miami-Dade County will provide grants to community-based organizations to conduct outreach and education to provide information about the 2020 Census to communities within Miami-Dade County that have been identified as likely be undercounted in the 2020 Census.
Volunteer to restore endangered lands
Help clean environmentally-endangered lands and bring them back to life. Collectively, we can make Miami-Dade County greener.
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.