Effective Wednesday, March 25, the Permitting and Inspection Center (PIC) is closed for 14 days. Get updates on temporary permit procedures and related services.
Miami-Dade County officials continue to work with local, state and federal agencies in monitoring COVID-19, part of the coronavirus family. Follow all County updates.
This year’s Baynanza will be twice as special as the County celebrates the 50th anniversary of Earth Day by participating in the Earth Day Network’s Acts of Green.
On November 19th, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners adopted Ordinance No. 19-112, comprehensively updating the regulatory framework governing the County airports – Miami International, Miami Executive, Opa-locka Executive and Miami Homestead General.
Help clean environmentally-endangered lands and bring them back to life. Collectively, we can make Miami-Dade County greener.
A federal annual allocation of $1.5 trillion hinges on this decennial census data. These key federal programs listed below all use decennial census data to determine its allocations to states and communities. In Florida, these program allocations total over $7.6 billion.
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.