- The Permitting and Inspection Center (PIC) has moved to a virtual service model. Get details on permit procedures and related services.
Regulatory & Economic Resources
News & Events
How to Obtain a Permit
Permitting Assistance Program
Why is Sea Level Rising?
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies