If you worked in Miami-Dade County and were not paid, you can receive assistance in making your claim.
Miami-Dade County conducts free sessions on how to file small claims.
Filing a declaration of domestic partnership allows for visitation rights at health care, correctional and juvenile facilities among registered couples.
Miami-Dade County prohibits businesses or entities offering retail goods and services to refuse cash as a form of payment for sales.
The Unlawful Immigration Services Ordinance requires Notary Publics to adhere to specific advertising criteria to lower the risk of confusion and potential for fraud affecting those seeking immigration assistance.
Condominium associations, cooperative associations and homeowners’ associations must register annually and provide an easily accessible and centralized registry of documents.
Consumer Protection Business Licenses
News & Events
Stay alert while you are out shopping. Here are some safety tips to keep you and your belongings from harm.
If you are buying or selling a residential property in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, learn about required disclosures and use our online services to help you find permitting and code compliance information for properties.
Learn about ways to report types of fraud to county and federal agencies.
As we purchase more items online, read about many ways to ensure a safe transaction.
Get tips to avoid becoming a mortgage fraud victim, and resources if you do become a victim.
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies