If you worked in Miami-Dade County and were not paid, you can receive assistance in making your claim.
Miami-Dade County conducts free sessions on how to file small claims.
Filing a declaration of domestic partnership allows for visitation rights at health care, correctional and juvenile facilities among registered couples.
Miami-Dade County prohibits businesses or entities offering retail goods and services to refuse cash as a form of payment for sales.
The Unlawful Immigration Services Ordinance requires Notary Publics to adhere to specific advertising criteria to lower the risk of confusion and potential for fraud affecting those seeking immigration assistance.
Condominium associations, cooperative associations and homeowners’ associations must register annually and provide an easily accessible and centralized registry of documents.
Consumer Laws and Tips
County, state and federal regulations exist to prevent businesses from engaging in fraud or specified unfair practices.Read about laws and tips
Consumer Protection Business Licenses
Certain types of businesses are regulated in Miami-Dade County. Get the documents and payment information needed to apply.Apply Online
News & Events
The Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources, Consumer Protection Division, will celebrate National Consumer Protection Week with a series of free community events the week of March 6.
If you are buying or selling a residential property in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, learn about required disclosures and use our online services to help you find permitting and code compliance information for properties.
Learn about ways to report types of fraud to county and federal agencies.
As we purchase more items online, read about many ways to ensure a safe transaction.
Learn who to contact if you think you've been the victim of foreclosure fraud.
Get tips on who to trust and what to watch out for when making transactions.
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies