If you have a dispute with a business in Miami-Dade County, you can file a consumer complaint.
Miami-Dade County conducts free sessions on how to file small claims.
If you worked in Miami-Dade County and were not paid, you can receive assistance in making your claim.
Filing a declaration of domestic partnership allows for visitation rights at health care, correctional and juvenile facilities among registered couples.
Stay alert while you are out shopping. Here are some safety tips to keep you and your belongings from harm.
The National Association of Consumer Advocates urges people to write out “2020” as opposed to the abbreviation. Otherwise, it is easy for scammers to manipulate forms, checks and legal documents.
Learn about ways to report types of fraud to county and federal agencies.
As we purchase more items online, read about many ways to ensure a safe transaction.
Learn who to contact if you think you've been the victim of foreclosure fraud.
Get tips on who to trust and what to watch out for when making transactions.
To enable sustainable economic growth through smart regulatory strategies and business expansion efforts.
Our responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of building codes and zoning regulations. Issuing of contractor licenses and approvals of construction materials and products. Protection of environmental and historic resources.
- Review of land development and construction permit applications for compliance with applicable building, zoning, environmental and public works codes, and with the County's Comprehensive Development Master Plan.
- Promotion of fair competition through consumer protection efforts (licensing, enforcement and mediation), and consumer education efforts focused on youth and families.
- Development and implementation of economic development strategies for the County overall as well as sector-specific initiatives in the agricultural, entertainment and trade industries.
- Economic research, land use planning and resilience initiatives to enable sound economic development and policies.