The towing industry in Miami-Dade is licensed and regulated by Miami-Dade County.
Licensing and the regulatory program covers, among other things, vehicle safety standards, insurance requirements and background checks on business owners.
The program encompasses several consumer protection measures:
- Establish maximum towing rates (tarifas máximas de los remolques sin consentimiento propiedad privada)
- Prohibit cash only policies
- Require the express authorization of a property owner or agent prior to towing a vehicle
- Require tow-away zone signs to be prominently posted
- Provide additional protections for consumers who have been towed
Consumer Protection - Licensing Section
Mail / Email
- [email protected]
Miami-Dade County Office of Consumer Protection
601 NW 1 Ct.
Miami FL 33136