Skip to Primary Content

Welcome to Miami-Dade County's website. Please submit feedback to share your online experience.

File a Consumer Complaint

If you have a dispute with a business in Miami-Dade County, you can file a consumer complaint. The Office of Consumer Protection will mediate the complaint for you and see if a resolution can be worked out for both sides.

  • How to file a complaint

    To file a formal consumer complaint, complete the below affidavit and save a copy of your completed affidavit for your records. You can print, sign, date and submit the affidavit by email (send as a pdf attachment to [email protected]), fax to 786-469-2303 or mail to the address at the top of the affidavit.

    You may also e-sign the complaint affidavit by placing a “/s/” at the beginning of each signature block and typing your full name and date. Save the executed complaint affidavit and submit by email as indicated above. Note: an electronic signature has the same force and effect as a written signature, pursuant to Section 668.004, Florida Statutes. If you e-sign, your signature should look like the following: /s/ Jane Doe.

    Whether you print and sign or use an e-signature, you will need to attach to the same email/fax, or include in the same envelope, any supporting documentation for your complaint, such as receipts, contracts, pictures, a timeline of events, etc.

    Your temporary complaint number will be the last four digits of the telephone number provided. Write this number on any supporting documentation sent to the mediation center. A permanent number will be assigned after the complaint is received. 

    By submitting a complaint affidavit, you are declaring under penalties of perjury, that you have read the complaint affidavit, that the facts stated in it are true, and that any supporting documentation submitted are copies of genuine documents.

    • It is the complainant’s responsibility to submit copies of any documentation (invoice, receipt, contract, warranty, etc.) that support the complaint allegations.
    • A copy of each complaint and any supporting documentation submitted will be sent to the business operator for their response.
    • Consumer complaints and supporting documentation are public records, and these items are subject to disclosure pursuant to Florida’s public records laws.

    Note: Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with the intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided by Florida Statutes.

  • Consumer Mediation Center

    The Consumer Protection Mediation Center receives, processes and investigates consumer complaints, mediates disputes between consumers and businesses, identifies violations of the law by business operators and issues civil citations.

    The Mediation Center is staffed by investigative analysts who are all Florida State Supreme Court Certified Mediators.

    Depending upon the circumstance, the Mediation Center will do one or more of the following:

    • Determine if a law or ordinance has been violated and take the appropriate enforcement action.
    • Contact the business to determine their position and attempt to negotiate a compromise between the parties.
    • Refer the complaint to the agency with direct regulatory authority for additional assistance.

Phone Number(s)

Email / Mail

Locations and Hours

  • Overtown Transit Village South

    601 NW 1st Court, Miami, FL 33136
    18th Floor
    8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Regulatory and Economic Resources
Jack Osterholt, Deputy Mayor

Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1st Street, Miami, FL 33128

Contact Us

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.