Assistance and Services
The following offices and agencies provide assistance and services that are especially useful for women:
- To file a claim for sex discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations, credit and financing practices, family leave, and domestic violence leave contact the Commission on Human Rights.
- The Miami-Dade County Department of Community Action and Human Services, provides a myriad of social services. The Human Services Coalition of Dade County, also provides assistance and information for low to moderate income women and the YWCA in Miami also provides services and programs to women and children. In South Miami-Dade, MUJER, Inc. provides services and assistance to low income women, including migrant workers.
- For free legal services for low income women, contact Legal Services of Greater Miami. The Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center assists immigrants and asylum seekers with their immigration cases and has a special unit to help immigrant women who are victims of domestic violence and who have immigration issues.
- For homeless assistance, contact the Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust. The Homeless Assistance hotline is 1-877-994-4357.
- For help finding a job, contact South Florida Workforce.
- For small business loans and assistance, contact the Women's Business Development Center.
- For information and services on reproductive health matters and pregnancy matters, contact Planned Parenthood of South Florida or the Women's Emergency Network.
- The Coordinated Victims Assistance Center, 305-285-5900, provides comprehensive help to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
- The 24-hour hotline number for the Rape Treatment Center is 305-585-7273.
- The Lodge provides shelter services and counseling for victims of domestic and sexual violence. The Lodge can be reached at its crisis line, 305-693-0232, or at 305-693-1170.
- The Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Council of Greater Miami also has helpful information.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.