Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
The following common conditions, and any others listed which result in inhumane treatment of an animal is considered acts of cruelty. Cruelty: $500.00 fine (plus a $10.00 surcharge) and/or imprisonment for up to 60 days.
- Cruelly beating or inhumanely killing an animal
- No water, or unclean water No food, or unwholesome food
- No shelter, or insufficient shelter
- Short leash, or inability of the animal to get proper exercise or exchange of air
- Failure to properly treat an animal for debilitating medical conditions
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.