Foster to Adopt
How it works
- The foster care provider will care for the pet at home during the mandatory 5-day stray hold period; however, you are not the owner of the pet until the hold period has expired.
- If the pet owner is found, you must return the pet to Animal Services within 24 hours and the adoption fee deposit will be fully reimbursed.
- Any expenses, such as food, sheltering, veterinary care, grooming, etc. will not be reimbursed by the County or the owner, if found.
- Pet cannot be spayed or neutered until the stray hold has expired.
- A license tag will not be issued at this time.
- All pets will be vaccinated, tested for heartworm, dewormed and microchipped before leaving the shelter.
- If the pet is receiving medical treatment at ASD, the medication will be provided to you so you may continue the treatment during the 5-day stray hold.
- If the treatment must be done by a veterinarian technician or a veterinarian, such as daily bandage changes, you may return to ASD daily for this service
- This program is available to Miami-Dade County residents only.
Pets of the Week
Bella A1600462 and Ella A1600467
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.