Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.


Dog Licenses

License tags are required for all dogs. Every person owning, keeping, or harboring any dog over four (4) months of age within Miami-Dade County, Florida, or bringing any dog over four (4) months of age into this County shall, within thirty (30) days of the dog entering this County, register the dog with the Department and obtain a license tag, which the dog should wear at all times.

Fees & Forms

It is essential that all forms are filled out and recorded accurately.

Groomer License

A pet care center license for commercial grooming of animals (dogs, cats, etc.), must be obtained from Animal Services in order to operate a pet grooming business in Miami-Dade County. The pet care center license is valid for a period of 12 months and is not transferable. There is no fee for the pet care center license.

Hobby Breeder License

Hobby breeder licenses are issued by the Animal Services Department. Applicants for a hobby breeder license must submit proof of affiliation with a national, state, or local breeder organization on the license application.

Kennel License

Kennel licenses are issued by Miami-Dade Animal Services. The cost for a kennel license is $100.00 annually.

Pet Breeder

Pet dealer licenses are issued by Miami-Dade Animal Services. Pet dealer licenses vary in cost from $100 to $1,000, depending on the number of animals sold annually.

Vets & Pet Dealers Licensing

Learn about the different tags available: puppy tag, junior tag, one-year tag and three-year tag.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:24:16 AM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.