At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Regular visits to your veterinarian for routine care and annual vaccinations are the best way to ensure your pet remains healthy, but you can take an extra step. Learn more about your pet's vaccination options below.
Help protect yourself and your pets from the spread of rabies by taking the following steps:
Keep rabies vaccinations up-to-date for all dogs and cats. Learn more about rabies vaccination fees.
If a wild animal bites your pet, seek veterinary assistance for your pet immediately.
Avoid stray and/or fighting animals. Instead call 3-1-1 for help.
- Spay or neuter your pets to help reduce the number of unwanted pets that may not be properly cared for or regularly vaccinated.
Teach children to avoid unfamiliar animals, wild or domestic.
When traveling abroad, avoid direct contact with wild animals and be especially careful around dogs in developing countries.
Visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for additional information.
Pet vaccination packages
Miami-Dade County Animal Services offers low-cost comprehensive wellness vaccine packages, or Pet Care Packages, to help keep your furry best friends healthy.
A comprehensive vaccination program, can protect dogs and cats from many common, serious and even fatal diseases. For dogs, the packages contain the legally required rabies vaccine, along with the combination vaccine DHPP which provides protection against Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Parainfluenza, as well as the Bordetella vaccine which prevents kennel cough – all highly contagious and sometimes fatal diseases for dogs.
The packages for cats also include the legally required rabies vaccine along with FRCPC. Those letters stand for Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia and Chlamydophila, all viruses that can prove to be fatal in cats.
Learn about Pet Care Package options below:
Pet Care Packages for dogs:
- Option 1: Vaccine Package (Rabies, Bordetella, and DHPP vaccines): $35
- Option 2: Full Service Package (Rabies, Bordetella, DHPP, and Microchip): $50
- Option 3: Special Service Package (Rabies, Bordetella, DHPP vaccines, Microchip and Spay/Neuter Surgery) $80
Pet Care Packages for low-income* dog owners (to be eligible must provide proof of federal assistance):
- Option 1: Vaccine Package ( Rabies, Bordetella, and DHPP vaccines): $25
- Option 2: Full Service Package (Rabies, Bordetella, DHPP, and Microchip): $40
- Option 3: Special Service Package (Rabies, Bordetella, DHPP vaccines, Microchip, and Spay/Neuter Surgery) $70
*Low income owner is a person receiving public assistance under one or more of the following programs:
- Food Stamps: Must provide current eligibility letter; card is not accepted.
- Medicaid: Must provide current eligibility letter; card is not accepted.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Must provide current eligibility letter.
- Temporary Assistance for Needed Families (TANF): Must provide current eligibility letter
Pet care packages for cat owners:
- Option 1: Vaccine Package (Rabies and FRCPC vaccines): $20
- Option 2: Full Service Package (Rabies, FRCPC vaccines, and Microchip) $35
- Option 3: Special Service Package (Rabies, FRCPC vaccines, Microchip, and Spay/Neuter Surgery): $50
If interested in any of the above listed Option 3, which includes sterilization, please contact 3-1-1 by phone or online to schedule a surgical appointment.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Jan 4, 2017 2:38:11 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.