Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Important Global Message

Maintenance Alert

The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.

Give Back and Make a Difference

Volunteers Needed to Feed Orphaned Kittens

Miami Dade County Animal Services is looking for volunteers to come to the shelter and help feed very young kittens who can’t yet fully feed themselves. 

To be kept alive, the kittens need to be fed with a syringe to supplement what they can eat on their own.  Volunteers will receive training, supplies, and the joy that comes from saving a precious little animal’s life.

To volunteer, please contact and write "Syringe feeding ASD kittens" in the subject line.

Become a Volunteer!

Miami Dade Animal Services is a great place to volunteer! It is a place where you can learn about pet care, make new friends that share a passion for animals, and have tons of fun, all while making a positive impact on the lives of animals.

We welcome volunteers (ages 15 - 17 must be accompanied by an adult) who would like to donate their time and are interested in making a difference. Your participation and fresh ideas can help toward finding forever loving homes for all abandoned dogs and cats.

Volunteers will receive training and orientation as well as an introduction to the services and the mission of Miami-Dade County Animal Services. To find out if you are eligible to volunteer, please review the eligibility requirements.

For more information on volunteering, e-mail: or call

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed May 14, 2014 2:25:25 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.