At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
There are new rules to help Miami-Dade County maintain the safety and vitality of its local business and shopping areas.
- Applies to all business, commercial and industrial property
- Enforcement is done on complaint basis
- Merchants and business property owners will receive a courtesy warning to correct violations
- Civil citations (tickets) will be issued after non-compliance or in cases where it’s a repeat offense (Sec. 19-15 to 19-15.2)
Where to Get More Information and Obtain Permits?
For general questions consult the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department.
- Public Works and Zoning items require a Zoning Improvement Permit (ZIP)
- Structural, electrical or plumbing repairs require a Building Permit
- All of these permit applications are available from the Miami-Dade County Regulatory and Economic Resources Department:
- 11805 SW 26th Street
- Off Coral Way (SW 24 Street) and the Florida Turnpike
- Zoning code questions call 305-375-1806
- Parking lot and paving questions call 786-315-2707
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.