Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Commercial Vehicle Parking & Storage
It is illegal to park or store a commercial vehicle in a residential area.
Parking or Storage Regulations
Commercial vehicle illegally parked in a residential area
Dump truck on a vacant lot within a residential zone
Parking or storage of certain commercial vehicles is allowed on private property in residential zones as follows:
- Only two category 1 vehicles may be stored or parked at a residence.
- Category 1: A vehicle such as a taxicab, limousine under 20 feet in length or any passenger vehicle, truck or van less than eight feet in height.
- Only one category 2 vehicle in an enclosed garage or behind the front building line and within a completely enclosed, opaque fence, screening wall or landscaping six feet in height at least 10 feet from the rear property line.
- Category 2: A vehicle eight feet or less in height that displays, either fixed or temporary externally-mounted equipment, such as ladders or lawn care equipment. Trailers or utility trailers less than 20 feet which are enclosed or open shall be considered a Category 2 vehicle.
- Street parking or storage of all category 3 vehicles is prohibited in all residential zoning districts.
- Category 3: A vehicle other than a recreational vehicle exceeding 20 feet in length or more than eight feet in height i.e., tow trucks, dump trucks, semi-tractor/trailers cabs and construction equipment shall be considered Category 3 commercial vehicles.
The temporary parking of a category 2 or 3 vehicle in front of the building line shall be permitted for the purpose of loading or unloading and for otherwise providing a service to the property owner or tenant. In addition to civil penalties such vehicle may be towed or immobilized until all outstanding violations and enforcement costs have been paid.
Citations will be issued immediately if a property owner has received prior warning.
To report any potentially illegally parked or stored commercial vehicles, please call 3-1-1 or report a property via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:24:36 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.